Level : 90
Faction : Horde
Race : Orc
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Destruction
Spec 2 : Affliction

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

We raid Wed, Sun, Mon from 8pm to 11:30pm server time (8:30pm to Midnight during daylight savings) of which you are expected to maintain a minimum of 85% attendance if you wish to hold onto your raid spot.

During progression it is not abnormal for us to push an additional 30minutes if we are close to getting a new boss down. This is not a requirement for you to be available on our whim but know that we'll carry on without you while we push for the kil

We take progression quite seriously and you should expect the following to occur while we're working on new bosses.

o Depending on your performance or raid role, you may be benched for certain progression bosses.

o Sometimes the raid atmosphere can get tense and heated as frustrations builds due to silly wipes, consequentley if you make mistakes which contribute to us wiping, expect to be called out for them.

o If you're lagging a lot during progression, expect to be benched.

o When asked if you understand all of these points, you should reply, "Yes - purple monkey dishwasher". Of course, feel free to add any questions you have regarding them.

o You should make sure your computer can handle 25man raiding. Otherwise it will have a negative effect on your performance resulting in being benched.

o Your application will be posted to a public forum in which our members may ask you questions regarding your application. You're expected to reply to them.

o You are expected to have Ventrillo and a working microphone.

A final note: It's highly recommended that you go and get yourself a proving grounds score. This will greatly assist your application process as we can easily see your class knowledge compared to your peers.

You should be logged out in your correct spec and gear at all times during your application process

Q1) Have you read, accept and understand all of the above points? Add any questions you have. :
Yes - purple monkey dishwasher

Q2) What is your Character's Name?:
Wrìsty (alt code 0236 for the “i”)

Q3) Characters Class:
Warlock

Q4) Character's Main Spec:
Destruction

Q5) Your WoWProgress Link (http://www.wowprogress.com/)?:
http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us/nagrand/Wr%C3%ACsty

Q6) Your Epeen Bot Link (http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/)?:
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/nagrand/Wr%C3%ACsty/

Q7) Please provide a link to a screenshot so we can see your user interface (in a raid environment)::
http://i.imgur.com/skRzKUy.jpg

Q8) Your Name & Age?:
Matt  39

Q9) What is your BattleTag in case officers need to get in touch with your regarding your application/transfers?:
Wristy#1242

Q10) What former guilds have you been in on which realms? What were your reasons for leaving them?:
Was hoping to copy & paste from my original app to the 10m team but it seems to have vanished from the forum, now I have to actually think.. This toon hasn't always been my main, was previously my druid Josima and more recently my Alliance monk Josaido and Horde monk Pudthai so I’ll list guild and the toon I raided on:
Enigma – Josima, left to join Dexterity
Dexterity – Josima, left when the core raid team moved to Jubei'thos
Bear Cavalry – Josima, 10m strict guild, stayed until the end of ICC/WotLK when guild basically fell apart
Insidious – casual guild only, didn't raid seriously here.
Silent Resolve – Wristy, raided BoT, BWD, TotFW, left when guild fell apart due to RIFT being released.
Kokoda (Jubei'thos Horde) – Josima, 6/7H, guild took a break over xmas and never recovered, moved back to Nagrand.
You No Take Stables – Josima, tanked up to H-Spine while still a pain in the ass then got cock-blocked at spine and also raided with Anguish – Encryption (rogue).
Anguish Team 2 – Josaido, raided early MoP, stayed until guild moved to Frostmourne.
Carpe Diem 10m – Wristy, stayed on this toon until we needed another tank then switched raiding mains to Pudthai, moved to Impulse with the rest of the team until last week when it imploded with 3 healers disappearing and Beef moving to Barthilas.

Q11) Is there anyone in Carpe Diem that can vouch for your abilities or recommended that you apply to our guild?:
Only person who currently raids with the 25m team that I’ve raided with is Rupe – if this goes against me then just pretend I said no...

Q12) Please Explain what you generally do in a raid, whether its spell rotation/combo rotation/etc:
Depending on boss fight it's usually:
Prepot
Cast Immolate
CoE if not present
Conflag x2
Incin x4 at least so if I cast CB I’m not clipping Backdraft with CB
RoF on CD if multiple targets exist, I know they nerfed the shit out of ember generation but this can still be a reasonable part of the rotation if switching between various adds eg Nuking demo down on Galakras while Immo/RoFing the adds.
Havoc on secondary target it available – Protectors, Norushen phased area, Manifestation or Reflection adds on Sha, Galakras (too many adds to mention), Shamans, Nazgrim, Spoils, Thok, Siegecrafter, Paragons (because it hasn't mattered on normal if I'm meter padding) and Garrosh. What I cast under havoc will depend on the situations, will either be Immolate and Incinerate to refresh main & secondary target debuffs or sniping Shadowburns into the primary target, CBing things like desecrated weapons on Garrosh etc
AOE rotation is usually just FnB Immo, RoF, Conflagx2 then Incin spam, refreshing Immo when needed or when major procs occur (affdots is great at showing gains from procs but I also use Weak Auras to track things like the Immerseus Trinket proc to get the most out of casting DoT's)

Q13) Describe your stat priorities?:
Excluding the obvious capping of hit it would be:
Mastery → Crit → Haste. All three values for me are relatively close atm now that my gear is over about the 555ilvl mark – before that it was crit-mastery-haste. Scaling of mastery with GoSac on single target fights is great..

Q14) List and explain your Glyph and Talent choices that you'd pick for the majority of cases?:
Talents:
T1 – Dark Regen, Soul Leech used to be the go to talent till they capped it & made it less effective. The instant heal & passive increase after use makes like for healers a little easier.
T2 – Shadowfury – occasionally I'll switch to Mortal coil if there's nothing to stun (Thok, Malk etc) and the heal can be quite beneficial when used at the right time.
T3 – Sac Pact or Soul Link – tend to run Sac Pact so I can prevent damage when I want and not just passively at a lower level.
T4 – Burning Rush – on demand sprint with no CD (except lack of HP), yes please.
T5 – I switch between GoSac & GoSup (using Observer for most fights or Imp if there's a lot of target switching) based on how many targets there are and what area they're spread over.
T6 – Due to the fact that there are pretty much fuck all fights where you get to stand still or not have to move quickly to avoid bad stuff I use KJC – on more stationary fights then I'd switch to AD for the boost to DS.

Glyphs:
Unending Resolve – grabbed it for Thok recently to reduce the CD (and therefore the ability to cast while silenced) and have basically just left it there. Used to have Conflag so I could slow adds without having to cast Immolate first.
Soulstone – no point ressing people if they're going to die from an ability that takes more than 20% of their health just after popping up.
Siphon Life – passive heals, not a lot else that actually provide any substantial benefit.

Q15) List and explain some situations in which you'd choose different Glyphs / Talents?:
Immerseus, Glyph of Conflag & Shadowfury for add slowing/stunning.
Protectors, Mortal Coil for self healing when needed - Unbound Will to remove Shadow Word:Bane.
Norushen, reduce incoming damage + passive heals.
Sha, Shadowfury for add stunning, Unbound Will if additional dispels are required.
Galakras, GoSac to avoid annoying pet despawns or retarded pet movement, Burning Rush for quick movement.
Iron Jug + Shamans, Soul Leech, Mortal Coil, Soul Link - lots of passive heals and reduction to incoming damage.
Nazgrim, GoSac + felhunter to allow interruption to Warshamans & Mages, shadowfury for additional interrupt/stun.
Malk, Soul Link + GoSac for increased HP therefore bigger shield, KJC for movement.
Spoils, GoSac + KJC to allow for movement & better burst for adds.
Thok, Unending Resolve glyph is mandatory without risking more downtime for casting.
Siege, KJC for movement, Mortal Coil & Soul Leech for self healing.
Paragons, Shadowfury to stun bloods, GoSup for better single target dps.
Garrosh, GoSac + Felhunter to allow for ranged interrupt on Wolf Rider and MC's. KJC to allow for movement.

Q16) If you are successful with your application How soon can you transfer (if necessary) to be available to raid? Are you locked to any raid bosses for this week?:
Yes As an additional note: I've spoken to Jaceo and am fully aware of where I currently sit in relation to my gear level and the current progress of the team. I also messaged Latok through the forums and he has also stated that unless I can pull of some god-mode dps and/or get extremely lucky on earlier bosses the chance of me getting any time on Paragons or Garrosh are fairly slim and I'm happy to just be the bench warmer until such time as a permanent spot opens up once I've obtained gear to bring my up to par with everyone else. If anyone has any questions feel free to message me here or ingame. Thanks

Q17) Have you read both the Guild Rules and EPGP Rules, located on the navigation bar?:
Yes

re: APPROVED - App: Wristy - by Jaceo

"Carpe Diem 10m – Wristy, stayed on this toon until we needed another tank then switched raiding mains to Pudthai, moved to Impulse with the rest of the team until last week when it imploded with 3 healers disappearing and Beef moving to Barthilas."

I would like to see from feed back from our caster DPS guys and people who have raided with Wristy in guild before whether that's 10m or flex etc.

As discussed with Wristy regarding not seeing a lot of Paragons/Garrosh progression and as per Latok's notes I think it would be a good idea to at least trial Wristy. We now only have one Warlock and with the amount of gear we DE these days on bosses 1-12H we should be able to get him up and running within a few weeks with some HM gear.

Await comments from our caster DPS and raiders who have played with Wristy before.

Monkzie
Raider

as far as my understanding was you had issues raiding 25 man when you first trialed with the guild has this changed ?

Monkzie wrote:

as far as my understanding was you had issues raiding 25 man when you first trialed with the guild has this changed ?

No, when I originally joined the guild you guys were progressing through ToT and had a roster of 4 (i think) locks so the chances of me getting a trial were pretty slim. At that stage my monk was extremely undergeared and took a lot of work on off nights while in the 10m team. I had also spoken to Beef prior to applying and knew there was a spot open if I wanted to trial for it.

If I had the choice back then of joining the 25 man team I would've jumped at the chance.

Seem to knew what he was doing when he first applied to the guild to join our 10man team, I don't think this has changed...but being able to put all this into practice is another thing.

Gear and heroic XP are obviously a downside but locks are not the easiest class currently to find.

I think as long as Wristy understands that if he is accepted to Trial it may not really be until it is decided to re-clear (which is possibly not until Garrosh is dead) and he understands there maybe a few weeks before he gets a serious look at raiding time then it wouldn't hurt in seeing what he can do.

But this depends if you are willing to go weeks without getting any serious raid time?

I'll leave the final decision to Latok, Yuqii, Aztank, Jaceo to discuss with their plans for the rest of the expansion but as for the lock stuff he seems to be mostly on the right track...as for what he can or can't do in raids - Rupe might be able to give more insight.

Having spoken to Jaceo ingame and the response through pm from Latok I'm fully aware of the plans to focus on the progression fights with limited fresh clears and extension of current lockouts to avoid earlier bosses - I'm quite prepared to sit & wait until such time as I'm required. If, during extension lockouts, you're ok with me trying to pug for a chance at the last few reg items i need then I can try that - if not I'll just wait till I'm required in guild.

Hi

We are pleased with your application and are more than happy to offer you a trial. See you in raid next week!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Carpe Diem Forum Index -> Guild Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: